Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Clarion EQ/Line driver

Old 11-22-2002, 05:17 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarion EQ/Line driver

Hey seth90dx, I finally got mine today. Now I gotta figure out where im gonna mount it. It's not gonna slide right into the compartment under my stereo like I thought it would. It's never easy huh? Maybe I should build a wedge, carpte it and throw it in the glove box huh
Old 11-22-2002, 07:25 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Why wont it fit below the radio? Im guessing its a single DIN unit...?? If so, its a matter of some custom brackets to hold the 2 units together... then you need to trim the bottom of the deck's trim ring (I say bottom for cosmetic purposes, if you cut the top of the EQ trim ring you're more prone to see it [of course this is if you have the deck on top and the EQ on the bottom])

If cutting the trim ring is not for you, you can make a custom trim ring out of abs plastic... or be creative.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:56 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
Why wont it fit below the radio? Im guessing its a single DIN unit...?? If so, its a matter of some custom brackets to hold the 2 units together... then you need to trim the bottom of the deck's trim ring (I say bottom for cosmetic purposes, if you cut the top of the EQ trim ring you're more prone to see it [of course this is if you have the deck on top and the EQ on the bottom])

If cutting the trim ring is not for you, you can make a custom trim ring out of abs plastic... or be creative.
nope, it's not single din, it's 1/2 din. I was hoping that it would simply slide into the 1/2 din opening under the deck and I'd bolt it in place and go about my business. Not gonna be that easy, that compartment is tapered in so its not as wide at the back as it is at the front. I'm gonna have to do some fancy work with the dremel to get this thing to look decent. Wish me luck.
Old 11-23-2002, 02:42 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Well, I worked on my car today, I had hoped to get my amp and eq/line driver installed but it didn't quite work out like that. It is a pain in the *ss to run a 4 guage power lead from the engine bay to inside the car. There was no concievable location for me to run that damn thing through, or so I thought:naughty: I previously had 8ga power wire but I had it rigged up. I at first was only running a sub amp, mids/highs off my deck. I know that sounds crazy, but it was suprisingly decent sounding. Then I came up on an Alpine 4ch amp for my mids/highs so I hooked it up, but instead of running either 2 power wires(one to each amp), I spliced into the existing wire and secured it w/electrical tapeh: I know that wasn't the way to do it but I was broke and wanted some beat. Turns out the amp had a blown left side power stage, I ended up selling it to some dude for $30, I paid $40. So I got rid of that ghetto power wire and upgraded to 4 guage, this time investing in a power distribution block So I ripped up my interior, got rid of all unnecessary wires, laid the new power wire, drilled holes to mount my new mids/highs amp, ran all the wiring for it, and ran some 16ga speaker wire for my 6x9's and 6 1/2's. I redid the wiring on my bass amp too while I was at it. Now I just have to modify the opening below my head unit so my eq fits, run the wires to/from it, install my amp, and I should be good to go. We'll see tomorrow when I finish it up.