Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

1.5 din headunit

Old 11-17-2002, 05:29 PM
ord0nez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5 din headunit

I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about 1.5 din headunits. I want to get a new headunit for my project car which is a 1990 Trans Am(don't worry I got a Acura TL too, I just respect American cars as well). Since they have a bigger opening for the radio you need to buy the 1.5 din size, unless you use one of those kits but I feel they stick out to far and look terrible. The only two that I have come across are the

Alpine CDA-D857
and
Pioneer DEH-P77DH

This is a link for the pioneer, but there is a link on the bottom of this page to see the Alpine.
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/det...T_ID=DEH-P77DH

I was wondering if you guys could help me out by taking a look at these two and tell me which one is more worth it(I know the alpine is probably going to be better considering it cost twice as much). I plan on getting new 6x9's too so if you can recommend a pair of those it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:57 AM
ord0nez

Anybody?
Old 11-18-2002, 10:22 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

What do you want from this deck??? Is it just to power speakers and for occasional listening or do you want it to be the brain for a future system??? The Pioneer does have a lot more features than the Alpine, so if you decide on it, then it'll be fine later on for adding amps and so forth.

Personally, I do not like the looks of these 1.5 din sized decks. I'd rather buy a regular 1 din deck and get a mounting kit. But if it were the Alpine 1.5 din retractable face deck, then that's a different story.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:15 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

I think 1.5din sized head units are mostly waaaay overpriced. For the same price of a 1.5din unit, you can get a nice 1din unit with the same, if not more features, and a 1/2din EQ right under it and still have money left over.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:24 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a cavalier and my friend has a regal, and both have the 1.5 din head units, i know what you mean by the thing that sticks out, but you can get ones that are flush, they have them at best buy i think