Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

would 2 sets of components be good? bad? same?

Old 11-13-2002, 02:37 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default would 2 sets of components be good? bad? same?

i already ahve one set of alpine comonents in the front of my car, 5 1/4" with tweeters and crossovers. they are wired to my amp, would it make any sense to get kick panels and install another set of components in the front, right off of the deck?

basically, would it be louder? or would they just like get drained out? right now, my legs block the components that are in the door, so im thinkin another set of kick panels would kind of face it more towards me
Old 11-13-2002, 03:15 PM
rcurley55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally speaking....two drivers playing the same frequency on the same channel from different locations is bad.

Now there are certain circumstances where this type of setup would work, but I don't think that this is one of them. I can go into more detail if you want, just not right now...too much school work/work work to do......
Old 11-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Bass Mechanic

i recently did a GTI using 2 sets of 5.25 kenwood dual mags for the front speakers. i used the 2 sets because i hate using anything smaller than a 6.5 for a midbass. by adding another set we could have additional cone area as well as increase the power handeling for the front speakers.
also i think mounting tweets in 2 locations helped balance out the front a little and man was this system LOUD and clear!!

i also wanted to make a simple dor panel that resembled somthing close to stock

Old 11-13-2002, 06:48 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Ahh, Kenwood Dual Mags huh?:naughty: I love those speakers. Especially for honda's since our fronts are usually very shallow, those speakers fit in perfectly w/o any mods and sound sweet. For those who don't know, check em out, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised.:thumbup:
Old 11-14-2002, 02:34 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

are both of those sets running off the same amp? or what?
Old 11-14-2002, 05:13 AM
Bass Mechanic

Originally posted by KRA
are both of those sets running off the same amp? or what?
yea we were using a MTX 4244 which is rated for 55x4 @4 ohms. the 2 front channels were running the speakers in the front doors at 2 ohms per door (110 watts) and the rears were running some 6x9's