Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

sony cdx-mp70

Old 10-30-2002, 10:18 AM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sony cdx-mp70

what does everyone htink of this unit?

http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?C...CD&MD=CDX-MP70
Old 10-30-2002, 10:56 AM
LjN_728

Sony products --> :down:

It's just that sony products have the reputation of having its products fail. But if its rep was good, I might be interested. The specs on that HU is ok. How much would you be getting it for? Cuz if it were up to me, the money factor would play an important role. I could find better HUs than the sony one, just for a little more cash
Old 10-30-2002, 11:07 AM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

Originally posted by LjN_728
Sony products --> :down:

It's just that sony products have the reputation of having its products fail. But if its rep was good, I might be interested. The specs on that HU is ok. How much would you be getting it for? Cuz if it were up to me, the money factor would play an important role. I could find better HUs than the sony one, just for a little more cash

what do u recommend for MP3 decks. i heard this sony one is pretty good and it also has a motorized tray which is cool. btw, ive used 2 sony decks and i have yet to experience any probs.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:28 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

The Sony's just don't sound as clean as something like Alpine....

I'd recommend the Alpine CDA-7894.:thumbup:
Old 10-30-2002, 01:36 PM
smokedogg

i had only one sony deck and it crapped out on me....i was then gonna get the one u posted, but decided to stay away from sony for good, plus I didnt like the looks, only the features. i then went w/ the kenwood mp919 which has mp3 capabilities.

id reccommend alpine or kenwood:thumbup:
Old 10-30-2002, 06:30 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

i dont get it. why is alpine so great. i think their styling is fugly, no offense to you all.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:37 PM
smokedogg

Originally posted by ziggyziggy
i dont get it. why is alpine so great. i think their styling is fugly, no offense to you all.
true some of their stuff is ugly..but have you ever heard one before, or messed around with the features? i choose decks based upon features, performance and sound....looks doesnt really matter to me that much. sometimes u gotta sacrifice looks for a better overall quality.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:23 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

Originally posted by smokedogg
true some of their stuff is ugly..but have you ever heard one before, or messed around with the features? i choose decks based upon features, performance and sound....looks doesnt really matter to me that much. sometimes u gotta sacrifice looks for a better overall quality.
you have a point man, but i want good sound and also look at a beautiful piece of art.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:43 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Originally posted by ziggyziggy
No offense taken....

Some other reasona why they are very good is the fact that they last very long, have little to no problems, and have very good resale value... These things all add up to a great reputation (kind of like Honda/Acura's )
Old 10-30-2002, 09:24 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

yeah but is the sound quality so much better than sony?