Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

for seth and anyone who wants a cheap line driver/EQ

Old 11-05-2002, 06:03 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by igo4bmx
i would use either the front or rear pre out from the sony amp... this eq will be alot better than your HU pre outs cuz 1- higher voltage and 2- signal to noise is > than 105 dB
signal voltage from the hu doesn't matter cause that eq is a line driver too seth, just use the front rca's, it doesn't really matter because it's only going to be used to get a signal from the hu to the eq/line driver. Then you run rca's for your front speakers from the eq to the amp, same for the rear speakers and subwoofer. It will be a simple install, not much to it. Good luck and let us know how it sounds. Im thinking about getting one myself, I like how the knobs are backlit blue, looks And the price aint bad either considering what you get for the price.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:26 PM
seth90dx

Yea! I liked the price, I saw it on clarions web site for $140! So I am like $40? No ****! But it should get here tomorow We will see.... So what about my MONOBLOCK Hookup from the deck? I am a little concerned because I spent about $300 on RCA's! So you dont think that the deck puts out a different signal for each set of speakers? I meen WHY would they make a F R MONO PREAMP? Why not just throw a bunch of connections back there and let people use whatever?
Old 11-05-2002, 06:47 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by seth90dx
Yea! I liked the price, I saw it on clarions web site for $140! So I am like $40? No ****! But it should get here tomorow We will see.... So what about my MONOBLOCK Hookup from the deck? I am a little concerned because I spent about $300 on RCA's! So you dont think that the deck puts out a different signal for each set of speakers? I meen WHY would they make a F R MONO PREAMP? Why not just throw a bunch of connections back there and let people use whatever?
the sub preouts are of course only for bass, if you connect the sub preouts to your amp that is running the front speakers, they will only play the specified frequencies on the sub preout. the front and rear preouts are separate for flexability only, they put out the same frequencies. so what you do is run the front preout from the deck to the eq. front the eq you run your rca's for you front speakers to the amp that runs them, and the same for the rear speakers and subwoofer. dont worry about the sub or rear preout from the deck, they won't be used. The reason you don't have to use them is because the electronics in the eq/line driver are superior to what's in the deck, that's why you run the preouts from the eq to the amps, that way you have higher input voltage on the rcas which means a more efficient running amp, and you are taking advantage of the electronics in the eq which will make your system sound much better by producing a cleaner, crisper sound. That thing only cost $40? Are they still available?
Old 11-05-2002, 07:01 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

why did you spend 300 bucks on RCA;s??? what did you get kimber wiring?!! sheesh
i got my stinger HPM wires from www.darvex.com
in fact i have all my wiring from them
he is on ebay great seller!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:04 PM
seth90dx

YEA! They are as a matter of fact! Or they were sturday when i looked! got to www.carmedia1.com and then look on there specials page, it should be the first thing on ther! They are cheep because they are the "OLD" models (in other words clarion made the same thing with knobs that are retractable) the "NEW" ones are exactly the same only they have a $25 higher price tag $165 Ouch!!!

Also If I use the EQ instead of the MONO output on my deck, will I still be able to use the ))))SUB(((( level on my deck? Im thinkin probably NOT!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:10 PM
seth90dx

Actualy I got MONSTER CABLE The highest performance ones! One MONOBLOCK RCA $60-80? somewere around there and the other one was a high definition 4into1into4 Sick it was like $160....

BTW 94UHKORD Who's ass is that? On the bottom of your post.... Yea that ass, who's is it?
Old 11-05-2002, 07:13 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

I just ordered one! I had to, too good to pass up. Man, im not doing too bad w/my new system. I haven't spent very much on it, here is the breakdown:

Head Unit-$325
Sub amp-$195
Mid/highs amp-$180
subs-$130
rear fill speakers-$65
front speakers-free
EQ/line driver-$60
all speaker wire and rca's I already had
custom sub box-$65
installation-free (did it myself )

Grand total-$1020

still to come-replace front speakers w/components, expect to pay about $140 at most.

Not bad huh considering the brands of my stuff is Alpine, Cerwin Vega, Polk Audio, MTX, JBL, Clarion and Soundstream. I think I did damn good:thumbup:
Old 11-05-2002, 07:20 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

YEA! They are as a matter of fact! Or they were sturday when i looked! got to www.carmedia1.com and then look on there specials page, it should be the first thing on ther! They are cheep because they are the "OLD" models (in other words clarion made the same thing with knobs that are retractable) the "NEW" ones are exactly the same only they have a $25 higher price tag $165 Ouch!!!

Also If I use the EQ instead of the MONO output on my deck, will I still be able to use the ))))SUB(((( level on my deck? Im thinkin probably NOT!
nope, your sub will be controlled throught the dedicated sub pre out on the eq:naughty: Forget about the eq/levels and crap like that on your deck, hell, forget about the volume knob on it too. Your volume, eq settings/adjustments and sub level and stuff like that will be all controlled by the eq.

I ordered my eq/line driver I had to man, that's a sweet deal, and the knobs are backlit blue(blue around them) and I plan on doing a blue led conversion on my dash and getting silver reverse indiglo guages so it should match nicely:thumbup:

Anymore questions about the eq?
Old 11-05-2002, 07:22 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

BTW 94UHKORD Who's ass is that? On the bottom of your post.... Yea that ass, who's is it?
I don't know, just a random pic that popped up on my computer one day
Old 11-05-2002, 07:51 PM
seth90dx

Default THATS A BIG ASS!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Thats a nice ass Hehehe, Any way I wanted to put the EQ in the back So thats why I'm askin all the questions about the deck still bein able to do all of its functions....

I have no were to mount it... Thats why I want to mount it in the back!