Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Deading a 99 Civic

Old 10-29-2002, 03:22 AM
The Playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deading a 99 Civic

Has any one sound deadened (Is that even a word) a '99 Civic Si. Like the door panels, roof, floor and trunk? I am trying to get an approx sq ft here.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2002, 06:59 AM
rcurley55

What are you installing, and what are you trying to achieve? It really depends on what kind of equipment you are running. - are you running door speakers? What kind of power, how many subs? Etc.....

At minimum, I would go for a layer on the door skin, one layer on the door panel to replace the weather guard. One layer on the quarter panels, and one layer on the rear parcel shelf.

Grab a tape measure, and start doing some math to get an idea of what you need.

I personally use raammat60 - www.raamaudio.com There are lots of other similar materials out there, but I choose this one.

Some closed and open cell foam could really help as well. The honda plastic interior panels tend to really rattle on themselves.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:01 PM
The Playa

Originally posted by rcurley55
What are you installing, and what are you trying to achieve? It really depends on what kind of equipment you are running. - are you running door speakers? What kind of power, how many subs? Etc.....

I am installing the following or have:

Pioneer DEH-p940
Focal 165 K3 LE's
JL 300/2 runnign focals
2 10w6v2
Jl 500/1 running the subs.

I am going for sq, the focals are in kick pods. The midrange and tweets are at least, and the midbasses are in the doors