Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Hows this setup sound..??

Old 10-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Mr. Spec V
Booooooooooobs!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows this setup sound..??

Ok so first off i'll start with the headunit. Pioneer Premier DEH-P740MP
(already purchased)

Which will be running to these speakers (2 of them)
JL audio 10w3v2

(soon to be purchased)

and powered by which amp....

1.) JBL BP600.1

or

2.) JBL BP1200.1

For the specs of the speakers, which amp do you think would work the best with the 2 of them? How sould i connect these to get the best sound? Its going to be in a sealed box so if that helps any. Im looking to get the amp and speakers soon, so any help will be appreciated. Just let me know what you guys think. Im not trying to break any sound barriers here or win any shows, just for some nice tunes is all
Old 10-22-2002, 05:42 PM
b00gers

the bp600.1 will be fine for them. i actually used that amp to power a pair of 12w3s.

if you are going to use that setup, buying a 2OHM DVC or 4OHM DVC will not matter because that amp gives off the same amount of power @2OHM and @1OHM.

but to not stress that amp so much, run it @2OHM.

in order to get a 2OHM impedance with those subs and amp. get the D2 version of the W3s. this will be the dual 2OHM. wired the voicecoils on each sub in series. that will net a 4OHM impedance from each sub.

then take the +/- of the first sub, hook it up to the +/- of the amp. same for second sub.

that JBL amp is a monoblock, but has 2 sets of inputs. the amp actually wires it in parallel again. so the amp will see an impedance of 2OHM from the pair of subs.

with the right box, that setup is going to be sweet.:thumbup:
Old 10-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Mr. Spec V
Booooooooooobs!!!!

Originally posted by WiLL

with the right box, that setup is going to be sweet.:thumbup:
that and me understanding what the f**k you just said
Old 10-22-2002, 06:25 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by Mr. Spec V
that and me understanding what the f**k you just said
do you really not understand?

if you dont...buy the pair of JL 10w3v2d2 (10inch, version 2, dual 2OHM) the JBL bp600.1 amp.

then make another post, so you can be walked step by step.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Mr. Spec V
Booooooooooobs!!!!

why the dual 2 OHM, if you dont mind me asking?
Old 10-23-2002, 06:56 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by Mr. Spec V
why the dual 2 OHM, if you dont mind me asking?
it was explained in the first post.

with the dual 2OHM you can get a final impedance from the pair of subs to be 2OHM. when the amp sees 2OHM, it gives off the 600watts. meaning 300 watts each sub.

there is no better way of using the amp.

with a dual 4OHM you can get a final impedance of 1OHM from the pair, which the amp will also give off 600watts.

but since the amp will see a lower impedance @1OHM than @2OHM, it will run hotter. but im not saying the amp cant handle 1OHM, because i ran my JBL amp @1OHM for a good while.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:20 PM
seth90dx

Just got my 12" W3V2D4's hooked up in my hatchback! HOlie Sh1t! :fawk: I got them runnin on a JL 500/1 monoblock... This amp realy kicks some ass! It has more buttons and knobs than you can shake a stick at! So Will... I got my subs runnin at an 8OHM load I had them runnin at a 2OHM load each, but the amp is only rated between 1.5-4.0OHMS and the spider web started to burn :angry: And each sub is in a seprate chamber so there is no way I can run them in paralel right now i have a 4OHM load on the amp. I want a 2OHM load on the amp. IF i take them back and switch to the D2's can I achive this?
Old 10-24-2002, 07:02 AM
b00gers

Originally posted by seth90dx
Just got my 12" W3V2D4's hooked up in my hatchback! HOlie Sh1t! :fawk: I got them runnin on a JL 500/1 monoblock... This amp realy kicks some ass! It has more buttons and knobs than you can shake a stick at! So Will... I got my subs runnin at an 8OHM load I had them runnin at a 2OHM load each, but the amp is only rated between 1.5-4.0OHMS and the spider web started to burn :angry: And each sub is in a seprate chamber so there is no way I can run them in paralel right now i have a 4OHM load on the amp. I want a 2OHM load on the amp. IF i take them back and switch to the D2's can I achive this?
yes. with the D2, you can achive.

even with a pair of subs in a separte chambers, you can still wire them in paralle.

you hook up the 2 +s and 2 -s outside of the box. you can do this on the terminals on the box, if you have those.

also, you can always drill a small hole in the board that separates the chambers, run a wire through there, and then seal the area up with some silicon caulk.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:28 AM
Mr. Spec V
Booooooooooobs!!!!

i was looking at that JL amp, but its just too expensive... like 500 bucks at some places i saw. 205 is a nice price for me
Old 10-24-2002, 01:00 PM
seth90dx

Mine cost $650 with a 5year warinty at good guys! AND let me be the first to say that it is WORTH EVERY PENNY! that amp has tons of options! I meen whatever you wana do, you can do it with that amp! Remeber its not all about havin a 1000 watt system! My 500/1 will decimate alot of different 1000 watt systems, its all about how eficiant your amp(s) and sub(s) are! Keep in mind that the 500/1 has something like 800 watt peak... AND will make 500 watts RMS anywere between 1.5-4.0 OHMS, also will run the same from 11.0-14.5 Volts! All I can say about this amp is GOOD JOB JL!