Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

cd changer error message

Old 10-18-2002, 07:24 PM
VEGAS94acordEXL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd changer error message

I am the proud owner of a 94 accord exl. I have the factory cd changer. One day the cd changer stopped working alltogether. The cd player now reads CD:E1 when i push the cd button on the head unit. The cd player will also not respond when the eject button is pushed on the unit itself in the trunk. It simply does nothing. I have tried disconecting the changer, reconnecting, dis/re-connecting the battery etc. I think the changer may be toast. Many useful miles though. Has this happened to anyone, if so, how can it be remedied? I havent tried to remove the changer in hopes of it being something simple like a fuse (is there one?) If all else fails, i would like to at least get my cd's out of the changer (6 of em). Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 01:29 PM
LjN_728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i don't know too much about cd changers but i do know electronics. From wut i can tell, the changer just malfunctioned. Typically the cartridge will eject when the cd itself is loaded back in the cartridge slot. Get wut i'm trying to say. In other words, i think the cd is stuck! I suggest for you to take the changer out and remove the casing. It's really simple to do so. Once you have the casing remove, you should be able to view all the mechanisms/part of the changer. Just be careful not to accidently snip the data cables or anything. OR just take it back to honda?