Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

HAN. Tell me about baffles

Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAN. Tell me about baffles

I'm almost done putting together my system, and thought about getting some baffles for the 6.5's in the door. I'm looking to protect the speakers than anything. I read some reviews on Crutchfield, and people complained about baffles muffling the sound of the speakers. What's your experience?

Are the people complaining not installing them properly? Anything to remember?

Thanks to all who share.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

No one?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 PM
b00gers

I had a set of XTC baffles from Crutchfield for my 6x9s in the back. I got them because I thought they can help with the pressure in my trunk from the subs I had in there. They were rocking the cones pretty bad.

So I didnt really use them for protection from water or dust. Using the baffles basically creates a shitty enclosure for the speaker. I think how the speaker reacts will base heavily on speaker and the size of the baffle.

I wouldnt bother using them. As long as you have the plastic wrap that covers the electronics in the doors (comes from factory and uses that super sticky adhesive) , you should be good to go.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Thanks for the reply, Will. I won't get hem. Your experience seems pretty on-line with what people don't like about them.