Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Wiring 4 subs?????

Old 10-12-2002, 04:00 PM
kilabeez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring 4 subs?????

I purchased 4 MTX Thunder 6000's for $200, and I was wondering what kind of amp I should get to power either all 4 of them or just 2 of them, I dont want to spend too much, maybe $400 max if possible. However I dont want a crap amp either.

Also, can someone tell me if these are single or double voice coil? I think they're single.

But my main question is how should I wire them up? I dont know how to wire up subs in parallel or anything. That's why I need to know what kind of amp to buy etc.

I'm not sure If i'll be selling two of them or installing all 4. But either way I want to know the best way to wire them. Thank you.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:58 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm..if you look at your sub, you can tell if they are DVC or SVC by looking at the sets of terminals each one has.

then do a search online to see what impedance those subs are.

$400 can get you a 1200watt amp from JBL. decent amp, but it takes a lot of juice to run 1200 watts. so make sure your electrical system can handle it.