Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

HELP!!! Alarm problem

Old 07-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Mikeveli
The Don

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Alarm problem

I have an audiovox prestige aps996 alarm/remote start...a couple days ago my kid hit a bunch of buttons on the pager which started the car and also set off the alarm a couple times.

Later that day I go outside, and the BRAKE, BATTERY, and all the DOOR lights all light up on the dash when I start the car (with the key), and they remain lit. Also, when I use the remote starter, what will happen is the car will start for about 10 seconds, then stop, start again for 10 seconds and stop, and one more time start and stop, then finally just stop altogether.

Now again this happened a couple of days ago, and those dash lights have stayed on ever since. Finally last night my car died while driving, twice. Seemed like the battery was completely drained and possibly the alternator. The hazard lights wouldnt even stay on for more then 2 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas what could've triggered this? My car had to be towed and i have to find someone to take a look at it. THANKS
BTW its a 2001 Honda Accord EX v6 Sedan