Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Static with Pioneer DEH 4900iB HU

Old 06-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Johar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static with Pioneer DEH 4900iB HU

I just bought a pioneer DEH 4900 iB Head Unit, had it professionally installed cuz I dont know too much about them. I got the iPod Adapter and everything and now there is a static in the background. Its easiest to hear when the songs are paused, but it is still annoying none the less. It happens when the engine is off so I dont think it has anything to do with interference. Any help or suggestions?

PS, Its in a 96 Explorer XLT, if that makes a difference.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:30 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johar
I just bought a pioneer DEH 4900 iB Head Unit, had it professionally installed cuz I dont know too much about them. I got the iPod Adapter and everything and now there is a static in the background. Its easiest to hear when the songs are paused, but it is still annoying none the less. It happens when the engine is off so I dont think it has anything to do with interference. Any help or suggestions?

PS, Its in a 96 Explorer XLT, if that makes a difference.
Do You have factory Amps.?.

if so the Professional didn't do a quality job but getting a noise filter will help.
Call Pioneer and if they are like Alpine they will send you a free one
Old 06-21-2007, 06:54 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Just take it back to where you had it done. Unless you got it at the flea market, the place should have a warranty.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Johar

Yea it still is with the factory amps. I will go in and let you guys know how it goes.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Johar

It turns out it was the factory amp that ford installed into the explorer. Apparently it is because my car initially came with premium sound. What a joke, considering it was the shittiest stereo I have ever heard. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johar
It turns out it was the factory amp that ford installed into the explorer. Apparently it is because my car initially came with premium sound. What a joke, considering it was the shittiest stereo I have ever heard. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
Run new speaker wire to the amp.