Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

replacement bazoooka speaker

Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 AM
flyromeo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement bazoooka speaker

hey dudes, i wanna replace the speaker in my bazooka tube but would like some recommendations as to which speakers are good replacements. I was looking at an audiobahn 10 woofer 800 watts rms. Would that suffice?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
b00gers

Find out the volume of the tube. You have to find a speaker that will use the same displacement.

Not a fan of Audiobahn. :hs:
Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 AM
flyromeo3

seen a kicker Comp, one of the newer ones and it seems as if it would work with this tube. Anyone have any experience with the comp series of woofers?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 AM
InfoAudio01

the comp only yields 150 watts rms. and the new comp vt yields 400 watts rms. which is far from your goals of 800 watts.

do as boogers suggests and find out the total displacement of the tube and then research some subs that have the power ratings and displacement that you desire. if you cant find any info from bazooka for displacement, then go to a local staples/office depot and buy a small pack of packing peanuts. Fill the tube up to the top and then pour those peanuts into a measuring cup to find displacement.

also, once you think you have found the perfect matching sub...always go to a shop to listen to it before you buy. everyones opinions on what sounds good differs. and remember that a sub in a showroom floor will sound alittle different then in the trunk of your vehicle.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:06 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by InfoAudio01
the comp only yields 150 watts rms. and the new comp vt yields 400 watts rms. which is far from your goals of 800 watts.

do as boogers suggests and find out the total displacement of the tube and then research some subs that have the power ratings and displacement that you desire. if you cant find any info from bazooka for displacement, then go to a local staples/office depot and buy a small pack of packing peanuts. Fill the tube up to the top and then pour those peanuts into a measuring cup to find displacement.

also, once you think you have found the perfect matching sub...always go to a shop to listen to it before you buy. everyones opinions on what sounds good differs. and remember that a sub in a showroom floor will sound alittle different then in the trunk of your vehicle.
I tried searching for volume specs on this tube and bazooka doesnt have it. ( at least on what i searched for ) the peanut theory does seem better to try which I will do this afternoon.

Thanks,!