Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Do you need the remote?

Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
DJHarkavy
'01 Accord EX Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need the remote?

I just bought a 2001 Honda Accord EX. It has a built in factory security system.

I only got one key and one remote. I have another remote coming from ebay, and will reprogram the system (following the instructions on this site) to accept the remote when I get it.

But until then, I only have one remote. I have two keys (I bought another one from streetkeys.com and it arrived before the remotes) Can the new key be used in some way to disarm the security system, or do I need to have the remote?
Old 03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you really dont need any remote.... the key disarms too.

the stock honda alarms arent full fledged alarm systems.

Last edited by Misa; 03-03-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
DJHarkavy
'01 Accord EX Owner

Originally Posted by Jani 5
you really dont need any remote.... the key disarms too.

the stock honda alarms arent full fledged alarm systems.
Thank you.

The car came with a secondary thing that cuts off the ignition. It uses an RFID key, but I have to find out where to get another one of those.

In the meantime, it means that my Father-in-law can use the car if he needs to while I am at work.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by DJHarkavy
I just bought a 2001 Honda Accord EX. It has a built in factory security system.

I only got one key and one remote. I have another remote coming from ebay, and will reprogram the system (following the instructions on this site) to accept the remote when I get it.

But until then, I only have one remote. I have two keys (I bought another one from streetkeys.com and it arrived before the remotes) Can the new key be used in some way to disarm the security system, or do I need to have the remote?
Yet again, another obscure reference to StreetKeys.com