Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

There is some problem with my accord

Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
riflydon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There is some problem with my accord

This is a 98 accord LX and there is some strange problems
When I turn on the engine, i can only control my own window, i cannot control the other 3 windows and the central lock.
While i push the key in to II(turn on A/C), i can't control all the stuff which i cannot do when the engine is on.
Moreoever, my car has a aftermarket keyless remote, when i press the lock or unlock button, the central lock may work sometime or doesn't work(the lock don't go up and down).
My friend tell me it is maybe alarm problem but i'm not sure..
Old 03-24-2007, 05:30 AM
noypi

Originally Posted by riflydon
This is a 98 accord LX and there is some strange problems
When I turn on the engine, i can only control my own window, i cannot control the other 3 windows and the central lock.
While i push the key in to II(turn on A/C), i can't control all the stuff which i cannot do when the engine is on.
Moreoever, my car has a aftermarket keyless remote, when i press the lock or unlock button, the central lock may work sometime or doesn't work(the lock don't go up and down).
My friend tell me it is maybe alarm problem but i'm not sure..
take off the alarm- i had similar problem in my 97 accord- now i got to find the short which keeps blowing my small light fuse-good luck
Old 03-24-2007, 08:42 AM
InfoAudio01

my guess is a loose connection, bad pins in harness, or cold solder joints. my suggestion is to pull panel apart and wiggle the wires around the harness area while you have a friend press the switches. also check to see if there are any loose connections or bent prongs in the harness. check all fuses in vehicle. also, if the connections where made via solder, cut joint off and resolder every connection around your problem area.

if all else fails...remove your keyless entry system and put everything back to stock and test.

otherwise time to take a trip to the shop.