Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker wiring???

Old 02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
poolshark743

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker wiring???

So this may sound very noobish, but I prefer to do all of the work to my car myself for various reasons. I can pretty much figure it out if I have a little knowledge sent my way. How on earth do I run speaker wire from the front door speakers to my amp in the trunk in a 97 Accord Ex Coupe? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it thru the doors? I know you have to take the panels off but that is as far as I have gotten? Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
dleccord

more than likely, you would have to take the door out and drill a hole to run your wires through. iirc, your door has those that harness/plug.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
starky34
94 Accord Lx 5-speed

just use the stock wires that are there and then connect the stock wires to a new set of wires that you will then run to your amp....

To make that more clear hook your speakers up using the stock wires that are already through the door. Then you connect the stock wires to another set of wires where the wires end up by the head unit, then run to your amp. It makes it alot easier if you so it this way...

Let me know if this is still unclear
Old 02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
b00gers

dleccord's way is probably the better way. Except you dont need to take the door off. You can run the wire into the molex plug. It helps if you have small hands. Think about it...the car already has wires from the doors back into the cabin. Just use the same routes. Get creative.

starky's way is MUCH easier, but it presents a problem if you are running anything with decent power. The OEM wires are very thin. I would want at least 16g wires for my speakers.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Molex Plugs are the biggest pain in the ass!