Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Getting a new deck...

Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
CivicSweetie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a new deck...

I have a Panasonic CQ-C1333U right now, but I want a new deck that allows me to customize the equalizer so which one is better? The JVC KD-PDR30 or the Sony CDX-GT310 or is there something better that is under $160?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
97teg

A 3 band eq isnt going to do a heck of a lot. They are probably very broad and may affect too many freq around where it is set at to the really useful. What problems are you trying to fix with the eq?

Last edited by 97teg; 02-07-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: text
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
CivicSweetie

I'm getting a amp and hopefully a 10 in. sub and my deck right now doesn't allow me to play around with the equalizer and I want to have more control over the sound. It was also cheap! So an upgrade would be nice!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:20 PM
97teg

Personally I would save and get something nicer. Maybe a better alpine or pioneer. Neither jvc or sony are know as top notch. What do you plan to use the extra control for? Too much highs? Not enough bass? Id be willing to bet at that price range your only going to get marginally better then your basic bass and treble controls.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:49 AM
CivicSweetie

I only have 4 preset equalizers and they all sound horrible! It either has too much bass to the point that the back of my car is rattling or not enough and just too flat there isn't any middle. I am also very picky when it comes to the looks of it and I was looking at Alpine and Pioneer, but didn't see anything that absolutely amazed me for how much I would be paying. Its not that I can't afford it, its that it doesn't grab my attention for the price.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
97teg

If you have the eq off it doesn't sound right? What are you looking for in terms of looks? It may be that you will end up compromising one aspect to get the other. You may get the looks in another deck but it may not last as long or sound as good. The choice is up to you. Id say anything in that price range is more of a side step then a step up. Do you have amps to run your interior speakers or plan on getting one. You may be better off changing the speakers and/or adding an amp.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:42 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

IMO, get an alpine or pioneer HU. You can get a decent one for around that price they're much better in quality.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:38 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

This years Alpine's will have adjustable EQ's. I leave my sub set at 80Hz anyway.