Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2002 rsx no power to stereo/antithief light

Old 02-06-2007, 04:35 PM
roving

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 rsx no power to stereo/antithief light

I have no power to the stock stereo unit. The fuse is okay, the air conditioning on the same circuit still works. The antithief light does not flash and the security system light does not activate.

I disconnected the battery to see if that would reboot it. I have tried to enter the stereo code but it does not respond. Everthing else electrical works fine. Why is my sterero dead?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:13 PM
akeura369

have u messed with it at all, or worked on anything electrical in your car lately?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
roving

I got dropped off to pick up our other car. My wife drove the rsx for ten minutes with the ac/fan on auto and stereo playing? The next day when I got in the car, the stereo didn't work. I don't know what she did to stop the stereo from working. It must be some kind of electrical gremlin? As far as I know, Honda isnt't known for these kinds of problems?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
akeura369

wow...lol its probably something stupid, ya honda's usually pretty good with that stuff...i used to have an accord and integra but now i got an 2000 Volvo C70 Turbo coupe and its got some crazy electrical bs....all the 2000 and up cars seem to be havin more stupid things wrong with the electrical systems