Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Rockford He2's

Old 10-05-2002, 06:44 PM
AcuraFiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockford He2's

Through my work i can pick up rockford fosgate HE2 12's for ~100 a piece and a sealed box for $30 (gotta love employee discount). My question is how nice are these subs and how will they sound in my car. I would like relatively clean bass but at the same time be able to make the car shake if i want to. What do you guys think of the HE2's? Keeping in mind im not really that much of an audiophile i just wanna upgrade from the two crappy JBL 10's i have right now. I have a Acura Integra Hatchback and a JVC deck(w/ 4v preout), infinity doorspeakers(boston acoustic soon hopefully), and a 600w amp. What should i do? Currently i have a trapezoid bandpass box so in theory i could go with the he2 10's as well. thanks in advance. Think i should pick up a cap while im at it?
Old 10-05-2002, 07:47 PM
08SnakeEyes08
Vince Tran....

rockford is crap. loud for the price, but sound ain't great. if u can get a he2 for 100 bucks a piece.... try and get a power hx2 15.

u never had bass, until u get a 15. this 15 is the best in rockford. 1000 rms, it'll eat power. instead of 2 12's, get a 15.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:09 PM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

u could go w/ a 15 but think of all the room you need for the box, around 4 cubic feet. not to mention that the amp will be a monster. rockfords are not **** though if you want loud. i got pretty much the same deal 90 bucks a peice and 60 for the box. i like how there decantly loud, although not that precise. kickers have a nice crisp bass response.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:50 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Rockfords are good to beat on... like for loud, boomy bass you can hear for a mile away... but they really lack sound quality... plus if not powered properly (especially too little power) they blow very easily.

A 15" power series sub needs a TON of power to sound good and last a long time... I'd stay away from a 15.