Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Rattling Civic...

Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 AM
CivicSweetie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling Civic...

I have a 2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX and I just got new speakers and a deck installed. I have 2 way in the front and 3 way Pioneers in the back. The plastic covering that covers the whole entire back of car behind the seats and below the back window is rattling when I turn the music up. I've tried insulating the speakers and put foam around where they sit and it still makes the same rattling noise. What should I do?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sound is probably from the plastic covering hitting the rear deck. You will have to put something in between the area that is making the noise.

TUrn your music up so that it makes noise. THen get into your backseat and listen for the area that is making the noise. You can press onto the area you think is making the noise, if it stops...then you can stick something soft in between the covering and the rear deck. This happened with my car, and I end up putting a piece of this fabric in between...something like a sock.