Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

to crossover or not to crossover

Old 01-19-2007, 02:26 PM
dleccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since you're not competing in sq, the best thing you should do it play around with the tweets. double sided tapes help. move them around until you like them the way they are pointed. dont worry about where to point them as long as you like the way they sound.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:42 PM
97teg

With that many tweeters your going to be hard pressed to find a mid and midbass that are going to be able to keep up. Its also going to be a pain to tune as you would have to turn them down a lot just to get it reasonable unless you like ear splitting highs. Also unless you get a passive designed for two sets of tweeters it would not be a good idea as you would alter the crossover point. Tweeters in the door really isnt an ideal place for them. Since it sounds like your going to do a lot of custom work anyways i see no reason to have the tweeters in the door.

Have you thought of just running a pair of components in each door?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Gigure
lowbucks racer

what do you mean by components? like 2 way speakers?
and by the meaning of custom work, starting from this (pic) custom enough

i am completely re-designing the crx, well just kinda adding a little M.E.
the whole car is in pieces..and yes i have all the pieces. including a new engine... ok not all the pieces i'm still shoping for stereo shit, head unit amps speakers, "wires" etc.. and my active crossover has front and rear speaker out, and it's a CRX i don't plan on having rear speakers.... just 2 rear subs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dash removed.JPG (304.8 KB, 7 views)