Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2002 civic ex speaker replacement

Old 01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
mjlenz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 civic ex speaker replacement

I just bought a 2002 civic ex with CD player and 6 speaker setup. One of the speakers in the drivers door sounds like it is blown. I'm not real impressed with the sound of the stock speakers and am thinking about replacing all 6 of them. My question is how to get to the speakers behind the door panels. I'm just looking for some input to whether or not to replace all the speakers along with the reciever and where the best place is to get the replacement equipment. All input welcome.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not certain on how to remove the door panel...but generally, you have to find and remove 3-4 screws, then from the bottom of the panel, pry and pull it out. After the screw, they are held in by plastic buttons that you just pull out.

Replacing all of the speakers AND the head unit is a great way to better the sound. Even better is getting an external amp for the speakers. Be aware that certain late model Civics have the keyless entry tied into the headunit. You will have to buy a special harness to keep it. But everything will boil down to how much money you want to spend.