Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

94 Integra rear speakers

Old 11-26-2006, 06:43 PM
jrlrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Integra rear speakers

Ok i got a 4door integra that has 6x9 speakers at the back. After looking at the speakers, it is connected with a plastic connector thing that seems to only work on the stock speakers. So how do i go about installing aftermarket ones? Do i cut the connector off and use the 2 wires to connect the speakers?

If its hard to understand, i guess ill get pics.

thx
Old 11-27-2006, 09:21 AM
White Ice

At places like Best Buy, Car Toys, or Circuit City the install area should have adapters that allow you to connect the factory speaker wires to the new speaker. I think they run about $5.00 a set. (One set does two speakers.) They had them when I did the speakers in my neon. The alternative is to cut the factory wiring, figure out which is positive and negative and then wire the speaker up like that.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:23 AM
b00gers

Exactly what White Ice said. You can get an adapter or just cut it off. Getting an adapter will cost money, but you can always stick your stock speakers back in if you decide to sell the car and still retain a neater connection. If you have no intentions of using that connector again, just snip it off and use the wires. Its cheaper and does the job just fine.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
qazxswed345

ii work at best buy thos conector things cost me pocket change with my discount lol i get like half off on audio stuff