Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

disable car real quick from getting jacked

Old 11-21-2006, 08:48 PM
kensta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disable car real quick from getting jacked

hey do you guys know any quick ways to disable your car so it cant be jacked temporarily. I have a 93 prelude vtec 5spd. i got no alarm. im gonna sell my car in couple days. last week got car jacked in front of my apartment. had only clutch lock no alarm. they mustve broke off the clutch lock (autoloc). the police found my car the next day. i can't believe my car is still fine got lucky, still has bodyparts intact, still have motor lol, just took cheap $20 toolset from walmart, change, and little 256mb mp3 player. so i just need some advice to prevent my car from being started and driven away again just for temporarily until my car is sold w/o doing anything major like modifications. Besides modifying and installing killswitch, can i just take out my ecu. will that be safe? anything else i can remove or disconnect?

Last edited by kensta; 11-21-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:51 AM
flyromeo3

how did they take off the autolock?
Did they remove the clutch pedal? I would assume they put the car in neutral and towed it :dunno:

the only quick method I can think of disabling your car would be to take
your spark plug cables, or possibly take the main relay out of the car.

I think you meant to say your car got stolen. If someone put a gun to your head and told you to get out of your car, thats car jacking.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:46 AM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

^^^^^ like he said. Or pull the dizzy. If they come with a tow truck or trailer or a rope its a lost cause. No alarm= easy target for you and not the theives. One less thing they have to worry about. And it won't make a sound.
Theives +1 ,you -minus one. I would keep the car blocked in. Out here in calie if you put your car in the paper. Most insurance car companies void your policy unless you add futher coverage. My customer got screwed this way. Had a fixed up teg in the paper. Had people come see it. 2 days later it was gone. Said but true. Theives shop the books too. good luck
Old 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM
kensta

i don't think they towed it, wouldn't that be too desperate? i heard that you can remove the clutch pedal lock by unscrewing the pedal? well currently i disabled my car by disconnecting the ignition wire connected to distributor slightly but can't tell its disconnected underneath the hood every time i park it. yea i did posted my car on the web they prob saw what i have. well wen im at the apt every 15 min or so i look out to see if my car is still there or to see any mofo trying to steal my car again lol. what's the dizzy?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:02 PM
b00gers

Distributor.

You probably shouldnt post on a web board exactly what you did to disable your car since your problems came from posting on a web board to begin with.

But good luck :hs:
Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Kritical_J
Kritical_Jerry

take off the main relay or the spark plug cables if u want or even u can losen up the computer and take it with u bro they never expect that to be mising u know wat i mean but i doubt they towed it bro no one does that its too risky for them