Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need Help with Clifford AG4 Install...........

Old 09-30-2002, 04:36 AM
integramodder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Clifford AG4 Install...........

Im installing the AG4 in my 2001 Integra. So far I have not connected any sensors but have connected about 90% of the core wires such as power, remote start, remote lights, door lock/unlock, door & trunk triggers. Tuesday night, after I made the power connections to the car (power, ignition, lights mainly) , I was able to turn the lights on and arm it and turn it off without any problems. But wednesday when I came back to work on it, after hooking up the relay for the remote clutch interlock switch, I tried to arm it and the alarm starts blaring as soon as i arm it. Then it gives me 7 flashes telling me the error was: "An attempt was made to turn on the ignition or start the engine while the system was armed"
Does anyone have any Idea what can be causing this?
Today I remembered that the integra has connectors for the 5 ifnition wires. Since the fualt that its giving me is saying that there has been an attempt to start car/turn on the ignition, then unplugging the key switch should fix this.
After disconnecting the 2 brow connectors, it still threw the same code. I then pluged them back in and started the car to make sure it still starts. Then I disconnected the 9 pin connector (big guage wire) from the intelistart unit. Tried to arm it and the same thing occured, then i disconnected the 14 smaller guage connector from the intelistart unit, tried to arm it, and the same 7 flashes appeared. I disconnected the smaller 12 pin connector off of the AG4 unit and ended up with the same result. Then I connected everything back to gether and started the car to make sure it works.
All necessary sensors are connected and all wires have been hooked upto the alarm.