Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Do i need to replace my entire Wiring Harness?? Help!??!

Old 10-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Coldsun
Rolling Senseless

Location: The Home of 911, the place of the Lost Towers, we still banging we never lost power! Rockland NY..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need to replace my entire Wiring Harness?? Help!??!

I have been having Crazy electrical problems..
- Headlights won't come on, then sometimes they may come on randomly...
- turning signals may come on randomly, and sometimes won't go off when i even after i turn off the lights and pull out the key... (they won't blink but just maintain a steady on position)
- Fuses blow continuously
- Radio and Clock lights flicker often... getting brighter and darker

*its a 94 Honda Accord LX Coupe
*Every interior light (meaning dome light and door lights) seem to work fine though...
*I had a aftermarket radio professionally installed, but it was stolen like over a year ago, and since then i Have been riding with my Stock Radio just hooked up, not properly installed (its basically just sitting in the slot) But i never had any problems...

Anyway... I recently had some a overheating issue fixed, and the dude who fixed it said I need a new Wiring Harness, which runs the length of my car, and will cost me $1100
The reason why i am asking for your advice is because this dude misdiagnosed my car once before... AND I damn sure can't afford to fix that... Do you guys think that is the wiring harness is the problem? If so is there ANYTHING that can be done to get it to work?? I mean atleast just the headlights to work properly? Can they be half way fixed or something? I may go and mess with it tomorrow, what should i look for?

Thanks
-Sun