Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

integra LO JACK

Old 09-30-2006, 03:01 PM
90DAintegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integra LO JACK

ive been reading alot about integra type r's being stolen, but i thought that they came with lo jack from the dealership?? just wondering
Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Acura made no such deal with the owner/operators of Lo*Jack.

Moved to Audio & Security.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

At our dealership we offer that as a option but like he^ said they never came stock.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:24 AM
flyromeo3

by the time they find your integra it will be stripped and left on the side of the highway with the lo-jack sitting on the hood.

My cousin who works with the FBI in the auto theft something team tells me stories of cars that they recover that are left gutted.
The recently recovered an STI that had lo-jack and the lo-jack was smashed with something because it was all broken. Ohh hes a cop in Newark which is like the car theft capital of the planet.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:17 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Lo Jack = waste of money
Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

we offer lojack at the honda dealership i work at and they gurantee your car back within a certain amount of time. only thing is that everyone that knows about lojack knows its hidden in the headliner :chuckles:
Old 10-04-2006, 04:28 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by SP00NFed
we offer lojack at the honda dealership i work at and they gurantee your car back within a certain amount of time. only thing is that everyone that knows about lojack knows its hidden in the headliner :chuckles:
lol.......if your car is jacked at 1230am while your sleeping you wont know until 6am when you wake up to go to work. During that time your lo-jack could be floating in the hudson river.
Unless someone rips the car out of your closed garage door, you might get it back. Aside from that, consider yourself lucky if the shell is recovered.

I remember about 2 years ago some person got their yellow type-r stolen.
I think he lived in brooklyn or the bronx. Long story short they recovered his car somewhere in queens. The car was completely stripped. Even the type-r sticker from the side of the car was taken off.
Ohh not to mention his lo-jack was recovered. It was sitting on the side of the highway. I guess the thieves threw it out of the car window when they found it after stripping it.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:52 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

from the lojack pamphlet, lojack is installed, you register at lojack.com or by calling, when the vehicle is moved without the early warning key pass, the lojack network will notify the customer via email, phone call etc, the theft is confirmed by the customer who then contacts police and notifies lojack for additional assistance, police then recieve signals from car aand track the car and return it to the owner. people claim to have there cars back in 2 1/2 hours.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

My understand is that the police department has to have the equipment to be able to track the lo jack signal.