Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

head unit won't open

Old 08-24-2006, 01:44 PM
wooster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head unit won't open

I'm a newbie and I just installed an old sony cdx-m610 unit. The radio tuner works, but the faceplate won't open. I can hear the mechanism gears trying to move but it won't budge. And I can't select the cd player with the source button on the remote. Does anyone know why it won't open? Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
ReVenGe

is it a used one?

thats the biggest problem with motorized flip downs... the motors dont last sometimes
Old 08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
dmacaalay
Monkey See, Monkey Do!

Originally Posted by ReVenGe
is it a used one?

thats the biggest problem with motorized flip downs... the motors dont last sometimes
well he did say its old.. like you said, those motors dont last.. a couple times i got lucky and just hitting the reset button (if your deck is equipped) allowed the cd to function again.. but my guess is you need to get a new cd player.. GL man..
Old 08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

get rid of that motorized sony, itll give u nothing but headaches, all motorize sonys tend to break, sony doesnt build a high quality radio anymore