Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Line Drivers

Old 08-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Drivers

stupid question. Can i hook up power and grond from a line driver to a cap killer (secondary battery in trunk) or does it have to be by the radio, because i got no more room back there at all.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:27 PM
b00gers

I dont really get what you are asking. You want to install a line driver, and use the power from the battery you have in the trunk?
Old 08-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

pretty much, because someone told me that need to be installed behind the radio. I got no more room back behind my dash and there is to many power and ground wires back there from the ipod sat radio gps, another dvd player and other shit i don't want to stress out one point in the car.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:29 PM
97teg

Do you not have enough voltage in the rcas to run all your amps or what? Just to make sure were talking about the same thing.

If this is what your talking about, you want to have it as close to the start of the signal as possible because the sooner you can get the voltage up then you have more signal and less noise. Well I guess not technically less, its still there, but its lower in relation to the music signal (signal to noise ratio). If the rcas pick up noise on the way to the line driver, which is more likely the longer the run, then it will also amplify the noise. It will still work in the back its just not optimal. If you dont have noise problems it will probably be ok.

Or are you just asking if you can feed power to the unit the front from the battery in the back?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

im just askin if i could feed power from the back. i get no noise wat so ever. i get very anal retentive if i start gettin signal noise. i just want to boost them up alil only because all the previous decks i had all ad 4 volt pre-outs and the indash tv has only got 2 volt. s i just wanna give it some boost.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:00 AM
97teg

You cant really overload a single connection. As long as the wiring can handle the amount of amperage its not a big deal. You can run it from the back, id use a slightly bit larger wire so the extra length isnt a problem. Ground as short as you can and it will be fine.