Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

OEM XM SAT Antenna Adapter for Sirius Receiver

Old 07-30-2006, 02:16 PM
brianrwebb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM XM SAT Antenna Adapter for Sirius Receiver

after many different attempts at making an adaptable coax piece for the proprietary Honda/Acura XM antenna coax lead termination, i've found, through the combination of multiple RF connector parts, a solution that will enable one to use their OEM XM Honda/Acura antenna on aftermarket tuners or receivers.

some Honda/Acura have a Single lead:

others have a Dual lead:

either way, it will be necessary to remove the connector housing to expose the actual connector jack inside:

once the connector housing is removed, the assembly of my parts can begin:

adapter cable terminated in a RA SMB plug for the majority of car docks and direct tuners, however i can terminate to whatever your tuner or car dock accepts:

copper collar and shrink tubing:

assembly:

then i place a shrink tubing sleeve over the connector body, shrink it with some heat, and you're done:

i also make a TRUE OEM Plug-and-Play version that simply requires you to unplug your antenna jack from the OEM XM Sat Tuner and plug it into my adapter cable, and it comes in two pieces- one for the adapter cable and the other, a 20 foot extension coax for interfacing with your aftermarket SAT receiver:

if anyone is interested in using their Honda/Acura OEM XM roof-mounted SAT antenna for their aftermarket tuner, please email me. Brian-
mrbrianrwebb@comcast.net
Old 07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will leave your information, but please contact our Administrators for advertising information.

Thanks.