Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Cleaning up the system

Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
M00chness
Mooch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning up the system

Hows it going. I have a system that I want to clean up. Let me break it down real quick.
JVC head unit, new speakers all around (except tweeters in the door panels to a 94 Civic EX, I cant find the right size anywhere). in the trunk I have 2 12" Rockfords in a sealed box. 2 rockford amps, one pushing the subs, one pushing the speakers. I have all the items, the only thing is when i wired it up it was one of my first DIY, and although my system really does sound amazing, the way it looks it pretty nasty. Wires sticking out, Cap just there, box not bolted down, amps simply bolted to a piece of ply wood in the trunk. Basically a jungle of wires.
What I wanted to know was if anyone had pics or information on how to clean everything up. Give it a fresh look (I also have to get new carpet for my trunk, for some reason I was drunk and used it as a cape and never sene it again). Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try to organize the wires and tuck them behind the carpeting in the trunk :dunno:
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 PM
M00chness
Mooch

:hsdunno: I dont know. Ive seen some clean set ups, but the major thing Im trying to do is have a simple clean trunk.no wires (or not too many) visible. Im probably going to re-carpet my entire trunk again. Also I dont have a spare tire in the trunk because of the box, no need for it if I cant get to it. Anyone know what I could do with that space where it used to go, and how?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:24 AM
dleccord

zip tie's my best friend when it comes to clean install, well more like neat installs
Old 07-25-2006, 04:21 AM
flyromeo3

or black electrical tape. I typically tie up some wires with tape and hold them down with Masking tape. Zip ties are good too and also those black looms
Old 07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Black is beautiful when it comes to installing most anything in a vehicle.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

wire loom also works well with zip ties
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

well first things first, having that stuff laying around is just asking for someone to easily steal it. what i would do for a clean setup is take the amps and stick them under the seats, tuck the wiring away under carpets, panels, etc., and stick some plywood under the trunk carpet and bolt it in securely.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

i took 1/4 or 1/2 inch plywood and carpeted it. put that in my truck over the trunk mat, then put my box in and attached the amps on top with the wires running out the back or side. then attached the box to the plywood.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
dleccord

black tape is, ehh. in most cases the heat really makes the electrical tape icky imo. wire loom and ties ftw!