Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

My Integra nearly stolen at Mall of America this weekend [Security Options?]

Old 07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
verb1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Integra nearly stolen at Mall of America this weekend [Security Options?]

Some dickweeds jimmied my door open and broke the ignition console and tried to hot wire it or something. There were a few broken pieces, wires hanging out, etc. Not cool when you're out with a girl for the 3rd time and you go out to your car and that has happened, and you're stuck there with no working vehicle.

Apparently there was an Integra on the floor above me in the parking ramp that had the exact same thing done to it. The cops said the theifs were amatures and did a horrible job, and said we were lucky we didn't have our cars stolen. Not to mention they said the M.O.A.'s security systems (cameras in the parking ramps, etc.) are 12 years old and way out dated.

They got some solid fingerprints off the windows though, and hopefully they'll catch these bad human beings. What do you guys recommend I do to keep my car safer when I get it fixed? I don't even have an alarm for it yet. Is just a simple car alarm enough, or will those jerks get by that easily?

Last edited by verb1999; 07-23-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:28 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by verb1999
Some dickweeds jimmied my door open and broke the ignition console and tried to hot wire it or something. There were a few broken pieces, wires hanging out, etc. Not cool when you're out with a girl for the 3rd time and you go out to your car and that has happened, and you're stuck there with no working vehicle.

Apparently there was an Integra on the floor above me in the parking ramp that had the exact same thing done to it. The cops said the theifs were amatures and did a horrible job, and said we were lucky we didn't have our cars stolen. Not to mention they said the M.O.A.'s security systems (cameras in the parking ramps, etc.) are 12 years old and way out dated.

They got some solid fingerprints off the windows though, and hopefully they'll catch these homosexuals. What do you guys recommend I do to keep my car safer when I get it fixed? I don't even have an alarm for it yet. Is just a simple car alarm enough, or will those jerks get by that easily?
My condolences. :hs:

Get an alarm with a starter disable feature.
Install a separate fuel pump cutoff and invest in a mechanical clutch lock.

Also, if your radio has a detachable face plate, take it off.
Don't leave things on display inside the car either.
iPods, radar detectors, GPS navigaton systems...anything that can be fenced or pawned for cash is temptation to a casual thief.

Then, park in an area that denies thieves any cover.

That will stop the majority of attempts, but it will not prevent theft completely.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:29 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

viper 791xv

best investment i've ever made
Old 07-23-2006, 08:32 PM
kartman2

Default stolen car

What do homosexuals have to do with any of this? I thought this was
a car interest forum. Might be a good time to grow up.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:34 PM
94blueteg
screwed

What do you guys recommend I do to keep my car safer when I get it fixed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9...trunk%20monkey

best security system money can buy.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
verb1999

Originally Posted by 94blueteg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9...trunk%20monkey

best security system money can buy.
As I don't apprecaite humor at this time, that did make me laugh out loud when he hit the guy. haha funny. Kartman, sorry, I will edit that just for you. It's a habbit, I mean no offense. I use other terms too, but don't hang onto racism or homophobia so I don't mean them in offensive ways.

Luckily, I haven't installed the radio yet. I have a several thousand dollar stereo system that's going in my car very soon, so I was planning on getting an alarm anyway. The cops also recommended not parking in the ramps, but in the open area parking lots along the Mall.

I'm not very good with cars, what is a separate fuel pump cutoff and where would I find a mechanical clutch lock?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:05 PM
verb1999

Originally Posted by tegbooster
viper 791xv

best investment i've ever made
Oh yea...also do you know of any places that sell/install these alarms?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:13 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

..... Luckily, I haven't installed the radio yet. I have a several thousand dollar stereo system that's going in my car very soon, so I was planning on getting an alarm anyway. The cops also recommended not parking in the ramps, but in the open area parking lots along the Mall. ...
Follow the officer's advice. If you give thieves a dark, secluded place in which to work, they'll target your car.

I'm not very good with cars, what is a separate fuel pump cutoff and where would I find a mechanical clutch lock?
Search the Audio & Security forum... which coincidentally is where this thread is headed.

There are many ways to wire a fuel pump cutoff, but the basic principle is to install a hidden switch that interrupts power to the fuel pump. Also, the Auto-loc™ is one brand of clutch pedal locks that prevents the car from being started and/or driven.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:32 PM
94blueteg
screwed

As I don't apprecaite humor at this time, that did make me laugh out loud when he hit the guy. haha funny.
what can i say, i do what i can, haha. felt the need for input, but i dont know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to security systems so that was the best i could do. those clutch locks sound like a pretty good idea, although im sure thieves have found away around them by now, and they can still thoroughly fuck your car up in the attempt. id say its probably the best you can do for a reasonable amount of money.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
xIntegrax

my teggy jsut got broken into the other days as well. they try to steal the car but they werent able to start it. those jack asses stole my Broadway rear view mirror that i had for 4 years. it aint the same driving around with the stock rear view mirror. it jsut aint. well i have several systems in place to disarm theives from stealing my car. i have the standard alarm with the auto lock, which is a club for the clutch. i went a step further where each time i dont drive my car, i pull the Acc. fuse from rite under neath the dashboard so the car wont start. it take awhile to learn where and what fuse to pull, but after a while, u get the hang of it and pull the fuse all by touch. now it take me only like 3 sec to pull it and replace it. this method is worth learning. inorder for the theives to even drive away with my car, they have to bypass the igintion kill along with the autolock. and if they do get pass those too, they still dont even about the fuse part. even push starting the car wouldnt start. so the only way they can steal the stole is if they tow it. i rather have my rims stolen along side with my stereo then have my car stolen. so if anyone want to know this method, pm me ill give u the details. it pretty easy by the way