Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Question installing Kenwood DVD Reciever

Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 PM
JerryS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question installing Kenwood DVD Reciever

Just bought me a Kenwood DVD reciever, model XXV-05V, and have it wired except for the wire that's suppose to go to the park switch. Exactly which wire am I suppose to connect this to? I'm not sure which wire it is. If anyone one here has done a simular install, please let me know where to connect this. It appears that the reciever is in a lock down mode if I don't connect this and I'm been told that if I don't install this correctly, there is a possibility for a $15K fine should the authority find out. THX!

The system I am installing this on is a '94 Accord EX.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:21 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by JerryS
Just bought me a Kenwood DVD reciever, model XXV-05V, and have it wired except for the wire that's suppose to go to the park switch. Exactly which wire am I suppose to connect this to? I'm not sure which wire it is. If anyone one here has done a simular install, please let me know where to connect this. It appears that the reciever is in a lock down mode if I don't connect this and I'm been told that if I don't install this correctly, there is a possibility for a $15K fine should the authority find out. THX!

The system I am installing this on is a '94 Accord EX.

omg....15k fine. That parking cable is just so you could watch DVD's while the e-brake is engaged.
Connect that wire to the ground wire you used to ground the radio. THat will bypass that
Old 06-25-2006, 07:35 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

It's $1500 and 3 points on your licence. Moving violation. Just hook it up the CORRECT way. Why on earth would you need to watch a movie while your driving??? Answer that, and you win the grand prize!!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:37 AM
JerryS

I tried installing the wire to my emergency brake and the DVD functions is still lockout. Ah, how am I suppose to do this? Plus, I was told by two shop installer that here in WI, it's 15,000 fine for the user and installer... If a car with this setup was installed incorrectly, the driver could be charge with manslaughter.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:44 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I dont know about WI, but FL is 1,500 plus 3pts. Just do it it the way it was intended to be done. YOU DON'T NEED TO WATCH A MOVIE WHILE YUOR DRIVING.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 PM
JerryS

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
I dont know about WI, but FL is 1,500 plus 3pts. Just do it it the way it was intended to be done. YOU DON'T NEED TO WATCH A MOVIE WHILE YUOR DRIVING.
All done... safety wire connected to "P"/parking wire. DVD/TV will only show picture when in those position. I had to disable the GPS safety wire because the wife nags about not being able to adjust it while I am driving... thus I have a manual override button located on the passenger's side. I was surprise I was able to hide all the wires that came with the unit.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:58 AM
flyromeo3

All done... safety wire connected to "P"/parking wire. DVD/TV will only show picture when in those position. I had to disable the GPS safety wire because the wife nags about not being able to adjust it while I am driving... thus I have a manual override button located on the passenger's side. I was surprise I was able to hide all the wires that came with the unit.

Just connect the wire to the ground. Just because its connected that way doesnt mean your going to watch tv while driving.
It bothers me while driving when a movie is playing but, Its more entertaining for my passengers anyway.
Plus, im able to play my music videos.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 AM
JerryS

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
Just connect the wire to the ground. Just because its connected that way doesnt mean your going to watch tv while driving.
It bothers me while driving when a movie is playing but, Its more entertaining for my passengers anyway.
Plus, im able to play my music videos.
The DVD system still works if you have that wire connected to the parking brake, you just don't get video is all. You still get sound from your DVD music videos. The GPS, however, is a real nag and won't let you edit or add more POI while you are driving if that wire is connect to the parking park as suggested. At least that's how this new GPS works. My portable GPS has a nag, but at least it's just a warning. That's why I have a manual switch on it. Only the front passenger can access it so, hopefully that's legal.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
flyromeo3

The DVD system still works if you have that wire connected to the parking brake, you just don't get video is all. You still get sound from your DVD music videos. The GPS, however, is a real nag and won't let you edit or add more POI while you are driving if that wire is connect to the parking park as suggested. At least that's how this new GPS works. My portable GPS has a nag, but at least it's just a warning. That's why I have a manual switch on it. Only the front passenger can access it so, hopefully that's legal.
the parking brake is just a ground. Yes you could hear it but, you wont see it.
Thats why you should connect it to any ground so it will trick the radio into thinking the e-brake is up.

That whole fine thing is b.s to me.
I've been pulled over many many times with my screen open and viewing the FM radio and they never questioned me on it.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
the parking brake is just a ground. Yes you could hear it but, you wont see it.
Thats why you should connect it to any ground so it will trick the radio into thinking the e-brake is up.

That whole fine thing is b.s to me.
I've been pulled over many many times with my screen open and viewing the FM radio and they never questioned me on it.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO WATCH ANYTHING!?!? Just drive and pay attention to the road. And fines being imposed are giong to vary by officer, if they want to investigate, they will. There's nothing illegal about have the FM radio screen up while your driving, that will work reguardless of grounding the parking brake.