Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2004 civic si audio with an ipod?

Old 05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
merovak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 civic si audio with an ipod?

hey all!

i was looking at possible ways to work my ipod with my 04 civic si - something other than running with an fm transmitter - and was wondering what my options were here...

i didn't know if it was there was a viable option for any type of aux input that could be installed to the existing stock radio, or if i would need to go with a completely new stereo cd player with an aux input built in...

i am a complete newb here in this area and i am unfamiliar with what would or would not work with this car - so any and help is appreciated.

thanks in advance!

mero
Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

well first welcome to HAN, second do you plan to upgrade your stereo system as in adding amp subs, and everything
Old 05-22-2006, 06:06 PM
merovak

Thanks for the welcome!

Honestly I wasn't considering any further upgrades. I really don't have an ear that discerns sounds all that much , so the audio system with the car as it is now works just fine for me. I just really wanted to work the pod with it.

Thanks again!

**edit: The only thing that I will add is that when I was considering a new radio with aux input - i was concerned with how polished the finished product would look in my dash - especially given how the unit now is "encased" completely - if that makes sense...so it looks like those were my only concerns.

Last edited by merovak; 05-22-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get an aux input converter as long as you have an empty changer port on the back of your radio. you can then feed the other end of it somewhere though the dash, center console, or glovebox
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
merovak

I was checking out the aux input converter....and is there a way to tell if i actually have a connection in the stock radio?

I'll google it and see if I can find anything...thanks again all!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
merovak

Well I have been scouring the net for the past few hours and was unable to come up with any information on the stock radio....

Anyone know of any sites I could hit up to find out? The aux input kit from logjam looks perfect if it will swing with the radio.

I just need to know what I am up against cracking the dash open now LOL.

Thanks all!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
mishqua

I doubt it has the input, stock radio's were never designed to build up. You could prove me wrong and pull your radio and check. Your best bet pending budget is to get an aftermarket radio with the input. You should be able to pick up somthing that will work (pretty cheap), since you have no desire to build any further.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:19 PM
aznpimpin89

on my friends deck, he can hook the ipod to it with some wire. it goes into the ipod's headphone jack
Old 05-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

if your car has a cd changer option... then it does have an empty port for an aux input converter.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:51 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1099397002981

I have this unit as a temp until I get another data cable for my video display, and it comes with an ipod input that plugs into an aux port or something. (Also supports Sirius if you so wish)

Whenever I decide to get a datacable, that head unit is going to my gf's Daytona.. it's a pretty cool unit.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by DarkStarr; 05-26-2006 at 10:55 AM.