Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

for those of you with no rear speakers

Old 09-20-2002, 02:21 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for those of you with no rear speakers

how do you like it so far? I haven't got used to it yet and since i took the rear speakers out, the passengers in the back always complain that they can't hear anything except booming and pounding which they said was very unconfortable. so now i kinda regretted that i got 2 12" instead of 2 10" and have a deck without internal amp. don't get me wrong...they are great products, but the overkill bass from 2 12" is just getting annoying. if i do everything over again, i would get 2 10" and keep the rear speakers anytime. what you think?
Old 09-20-2002, 02:53 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

with the way 10" subs sound now a days... theres no need for 12's unless you are a total bass head and want to get everyone elses attention and annoy the car full of old ladies in the car next to you.

you might wanna think about getting some rear speakers in there... it makes a huge difference... just fade to the front more for better imaging and sound staging.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:02 PM
steveng

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
with the way 10" subs sound now a days... theres no need for 12's unless you are a total bass head and want to get everyone elses attention and annoy the car full of old ladies in the car next to you.

you might wanna think about getting some rear speakers in there... it makes a huge difference... just fade to the front more for better imaging and sound staging.
im thinking of getting some cheap speakers for the rear but the problem is, my deck has no internal amp and im running two amps already with OEM battery. if i want to swap a set of coax in the back, i won't be paying just the speakers itself, but another amp as well, and maybe a new battery to back it up. it's too spendy for now..well i was dumb that's all i can say. peace
Old 09-20-2002, 07:37 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

i take it you are running a 2 channel for the front speakers now?

you can get something small for the rear speakers... like a small sony amp on sale at sears or something... like for $50.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:58 PM
97teg

I have one ten and it hits pretty hard I really like the extra trunk space too. It won't shake the neighborhood but it sounds great with the components. I took out the back speakers and made a big improvment cause they were playing louder than the components!! You could hook up all four to one amp than put a resistor on the rears to bring the outout of the level down. Or maybe sell the two channel and get a good 4 channel instead and hook it up to the stocks. Then maybe later upgrade rear speakers. Or you could just stick the people you don't like as much in the back.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:54 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Do what 97 teg said. Just hook up the new rears to 2 channel and run it at 2 ohm stereo. As for running 3 amps, there's nothing wrong with that. I've done that in my old 94 Integra and had no problems. I'm doing that in my 99 Si right now, and now problems. If you were going to compete or something, then you'd worry about upgrading the alternator.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:33 AM
b00gers

tell your passengers to stop complaining. your ears are more important.

but i know how they feel, when i sit in the back of my car sometimes, the music is just all crappy.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:15 PM
steveng

Originally posted by WiLL
tell your passengers to stop complaining. your ears are more important.

but i know how they feel, when i sit in the back of my car sometimes, the music is just all crappy.
i wish i could ask my parents to stfu, but then they will take away the car also i hate all whiner type passengers who can not stand any bass and always ask me to turn down the volume where i can't even hear any ****...my gf's mom is one
Old 09-21-2002, 03:46 PM
08SnakeEyes08
Vince Tran....

lol i got robbed couple months ago, now all i got are a 12 and 2 speakers in my door panels. lol i didn't even care about the rear cuz i don't sit back there. sounds good still. luv my components.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:55 PM
seth90dx

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
HEHEHE... Some of us like bugging the **** out of the old *****es in the car next to us! :fawk: But I am a bass head!

Quick Reply: for those of you with no rear speakers