Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Buying From Ebay

Old 09-20-2002, 08:18 AM
mobius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying From Ebay

I can't help but notice that ebay's prices are way lover than everywhere else. Why can they do this? Are goods not what they say they are? I noticed they are way below dealer invoice and miles lower than msrp (not that any of us ever pay msrp). Are these products immitation? They always say new, not refurbished in the box sealed. I also hear that if you buy from ebay that your warranty is void because they are not factory authorised dealers....is this true?

Your comments please....
Old 09-20-2002, 09:42 AM
b00gers

these are mainly new items....if you knew how a business worked, you would understand.

ebay is not a store that sell things. ebay is just a collection of sellers selling things. so each individual is responcible for the sale.

when you run a store, you have expenses, such as rent, salespeople salary, merchandise....yada yada yada. these expenses are covered by you when you pay for an item. they mark up the price and the difference pays for the expenses.

at ebay, people dont pay rent for a store, some of the sellers are just middle men, and they dont have to pay sales people salaries. so the sellers dont have to markup the price as much, therefore attracting more buyers.

im just talking about the people who make a living selling on ebay, and the people selling their household unwants.

of course there are also downsides to shopping on ebay, such as warrent, b-stock, referbs.....yada yada yada.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:44 AM
mobius

so when items are $600 cheaper than the stores, then it is prolly like getting something from the outlet stores as a b item?
Old 09-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Mike
Banned

Be aware, may audio manufacturers don't autorize internet sales and will NOT warranty their products if not bought through an authorized dealer.

I somewhat understand the idea behind this, but also think it's complete bs. Okay, so because I didn't buy your product at a place of business you feel is acceptable to sell your products, you won't warranty it. Deez nutz.

Mike
Old 09-21-2002, 07:15 AM
mobius

true datt! That is a grand that I could be spending (or saving, yeah right) on useful things. Money don't grow on treez you know.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Dunbar

Alone the lines of savings, be sure you're getting a deal. I've seen a lot of car audio gear go for near or more than you can get at discounted online shops. Too many people don't do their homework and get caught up in a bid war. At some point it's not worth it to risk buying from an anonymous individual. I see very few things on ebay that are worth it once I've done the homework.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:48 PM
seth90dx

YA! Pluss a waranty is worth what im getting all over again! I'll pay MSRP and be broke
Old 09-29-2002, 07:46 PM
Falkon
still alive

check out www.ikesound.com
This is a guy who sells on ebay for a living. He gives great prices on everything and carries quality new unrefurbished audio equipment. He even gave me help with amp questions and stuff like that.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:55 PM
SoSoDef24

be carefuly buying from eBay. when i first got my CRX i was hella stupid and went on a bidding spree. I bought a body kit, rims, z3 fenders, muffler, clutch, etc. and so far NONE of it is on my car. mostly because the stuff wasn't the right stuff and i couldn't send it back. In other words, WHENEVER YOU BUY SOMETHING ON EBAY MAKE SURE YOU CAN SEND IT BACK IF IT WONT FIT!
Old 10-05-2002, 04:18 PM
turbodragon119

i bought a pioneer deh-p930 and a nice ass audiobahn amp, saved hella $ and overall am very satisfied with the deals i've gotten through ebay...be aware though, there's gonna be rotten eggs in any business, just depends on who you buy from...

Quick Reply: Buying From Ebay