Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

My center Console Dist. Block

Old 02-19-2006, 04:15 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My center Console Dist. Block

I've never seen anyone do this before so I figured I give it a try. I wanted to give my dist. block install a little more unique touch as opposed to just screwing it down somewhere.

First problem I ran into was getting the wire out of the center console, so some cutting had to be done.

This piece is behind the center console and is what the lid screws down to.

This is what the center console actually screws down too. Again, holes had to be made to allow the power wire through.

Now that everything inside the console has been reinstalled you can get a rough idea of what I'm going for.

Heres the back of the console with the rear panel off showing the wire finally coming through.

And heres the finished product, nothing amazing, just nothing I've ever seen before.There's another hole ready for my 4 channel once it goes in.

I already had the dist. block mounted on the panel before I ran into the problem with the wire getting through. Even if I had known I would have still done it. I just thought I'd share this with you guys since I've never seen it before.

Last edited by totalimmortal; 02-19-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:37 AM
sandstorm

def looks like a clean install. good job on the fab work
Old 02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
VPUPPY

Looks good, did you use grommets on the holes in the metal?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:10 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Im going to have to take it apart again to run the wire for the 4 channel. At that point im goin to try a few things to protect the wires. Im going to try and use rubber door edge molding and put it around the metal, maybe put a few layers of heat shrink on the two power wires for some extra protection.