Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

92 Si sub enclosure

Old 01-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Si sub enclosure

Hey guys. My first time to the audio part of HAN. Quick question, because I searched for a thread and found none. I'm looking to go with a sub enclosure for my Si. I want something that's gonna hold a Pioneer TSW306C. 12". I'd like to have what is necessary for the sub to perform well, yet small enough to keep my trunk. As anyone known of an enclosure that fits where the spare goes?

Don't diss me if this topic has been beat to death, just please send me to right place to be. Any help would be cool.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:34 PM
b00gers

Hmmm. If you want an enclosure that is going to fit right into the spare area, you are looking at a custom made fiberglass enclosure. You can do it yourself, or you can pay someone (lots of $$$). There are companies that make pre-made enclosures that are custom to a specific vehicle, but for a car that old, I dont think youll find one. If I was in your position, I would just buy or make a sealed box and stick it in a corner. It shouldnt take up TOO much room.

Are you comfortable with building your own box?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by b00gers
Hmmm. If you want an enclosure that is going to fit right into the spare area, you are looking at a custom made fiberglass enclosure. You can do it yourself, or you can pay someone (lots of $$$). There are companies that make pre-made enclosures that are custom to a specific vehicle, but for a car that old, I dont think youll find one. If I was in your position, I would just buy or make a sealed box and stick it in a corner. It shouldnt take up TOO much room.

Are you comfortable with building your own box?
Yeah. I'm down to do it myself. I don't really know where to start. I think it would be fun to do. I just finished a power window conversion on the car. Not easy, but I got stock wiring and did it clean and nice. Might as well keep going. Thanks for any help Boog!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Chefboiali
Yeah. I'm down to do it myself. I don't really know where to start. I think it would be fun to do. I just finished a power window conversion on the car. Not easy, but I got stock wiring and did it clean and nice. Might as well keep going. Thanks for any help Boog!

If you are comfortable with building your own box, I can make a cut-list and design a box for you. Itll take me a couple days to get back with it, but I dont mind doing it. Or you can read the FAQs up there and find out how to design and build your own sealed box. To design one, you just need to know simple math. To build one, you just need patience and tools.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by b00gers
If you are comfortable with building your own box, I can make a cut-list and design a box for you. Itll take me a couple days to get back with it, but I dont mind doing it. Or you can read the FAQs up there and find out how to design and build your own sealed box. To design one, you just need to know simple math. To build one, you just need patience and tools.
Dude.. what do I owe you for doing it? I can get the parts.. lead me in the right direction. :hi5: