Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Accord Factory Amp??

Old 01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
lil_wheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it really worth it?!

For the love of MIKE! I can't take this thing anymore. Just when I think I have it licked, it STILL doesn't work.

An interesting thing that I found while using my ohm-meter on the dash tweeters.. on the passenger side, I was reading about 120ohms across the two wires going to the tweeter -- the drivers side showed minimal resistance. I removed the tweet with the high resistance, and I'm still having the same issue which would lead me to believe that there is something wrong in the wiring between the tweeter and the head unit. If I'm not mistaken, that isn't a straight shot as far as the wire is concerned. Anyone ever traced that before??

What is stopping me from just putting in the Kenwood, and running all new speaker wires to each of the speakers? The only other connections to the head-unit would then be power, acc and ground -- and we know they all work because the headunit turns on and seems to be playing.

My question now is.. IF I were to run new speaker wires.. would it suffice to run them coming out of the harness for the kenwood? Or do I have to run them from the back-side of the honda harness?

Last edited by lil_wheat; 01-30-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

run them straight out of the kenwood harness. no sence in making more connections than nessecary. This way you can also leave the honda wiring alone... even if there is a problem with it. Just use the harness adapter to get your power and ground from the honda harness and run your new speaker wires.

If i was close by, i'd take a look at it for you...
Old 01-31-2006, 04:15 AM
lil_wheat

Thanks for the offer -- you would definately save me the rest of my hair!

I guess while I'm at it, I should probably spring for new speakers. Might as well since I have the entire door panels off. Any suggestions there? I was looking at the Infinity 6012i (6 1/2) for the doors and the 692.7i (6x9) for the rear deck.. and just leaving the dash tweeters out. The infinity's are a bit pricey, but they have a pretty solid rep.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:56 AM
lil_wheat

Default Finally!

I think I found it. I was tinkering during my lunch hour while I actually have some good daylight to work with, and I found there is a cable run that goes up the left side of the radio and HVAC console (looking straight in) that is covered in wireloom. There's a very sharp edge on the chassis that looks like it sliced right through one or several of the wires. It was actually smoking while I was pulling wires!

What a horrible place for a sharp edge. This is FACTORY wiring I might add.. never touched by me. I will u/l pics later to show you what I'm talking about.

Here are the pictures. The first is an overall shot - look at the harness on the left side. The 2 after that are close-ups showing the wireloom clearly rubbing against the sharp edge of the chassis.
overall.jpg

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

Last edited by lil_wheat; 01-31-2006 at 03:00 PM.