Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

System

Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Danpjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System

I'm Fixin' on puting a new system in my rex. looking for about 2000 to spend on all. i'm gunan be installing it all so don't need to worry about install prices. first thing i'm needing to know is what gage wire i use?!?!? and then just what do u guys think i should put in i'm wanting to put in sub/s replace all 4 speakers and replace the head unit. i heard an alpine system would be "bumping" but i don't really care as long as it sounds good. i don't need a DVD head unit or any thing but it has to look good.:hsd:
Old 01-02-2006, 03:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

you'll get a better answer here
Old 01-02-2006, 06:20 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Danpjack
I'm Fixin' on puting a new system in my rex. looking for about 2000 to spend on all. i'm gunan be installing it all so don't need to worry about install prices. first thing i'm needing to know is what gage wire i use?!?!? and then just what do u guys think i should put in i'm wanting to put in sub/s replace all 4 speakers and replace the head unit. i heard an alpine system would be "bumping" but i don't really care as long as it sounds good. i don't need a DVD head unit or any thing but it has to look good.:hsd:
Worrying about the wiring last.

You want to replace the headunit, speakers, and put in a subwoofer and an amp. Are you going to buy an amp for those speakers? Or are you going to power them with the headunit? What features do you want in your headunit?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

The wiring is determined by the current your amps draw. Can't really say until you select those. And I'd suggest with that budget, amp the speakers to bring the most life out of them. My budget was less than half that and my speakers are amped. Also, save money on the rear speakers and put in all into the fronts. Rear speakers are just a distraction.

Dan
Old 01-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Danpjack

yes i am wanting amps to i forgot to metion those. i want it to sound as good as possible. i don't really want to spend 2000 but i will i was at best buy and i saw a real nice alpine headunit with rockford speakers, rockford amps and duel 12inch sony subs. sounded pretty good for a store display
Old 01-03-2006, 07:49 AM
b00gers

What features do you want in your headunit?

How many subs do you want? What size? What type of enclosure? How much space do you have to work with?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:39 AM
jragon

For two grand steer far away from anything sony. At this level you can afford the higher end brands. JL, RF, Kicker, etc.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:43 AM
jragon

Have you had your eye on anything particular amps, headunit? Alpine makes an excellent headunit as does Kenwood and Pioneer. Also if there is anyway for you to get these items from a friend with a retail license or possible works at a major electronics store could supply you with about 50 to 80% of retail. When I worked for Circuit City everything we had on sale was close to a 100% markup!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Danpjack

I'm Talking about a 1990 Honda CRX i need some luggage room so i'm not taking up my whole trunk. i was thinking like 2 subs 12inch each MAx i think thats all i really need since my car is so small and its pretty much all open no walls or any thing. (the truck is right behind me). In the head unit i want it to look cool. i want it to be able to hook my IPod or w/e directly to it so i guess an AUX Channel. i don't need a Screen Unless its pretty cheap i don't think i really need it. My Speakers Will need to be able to fit the space that they are in now. i dont' know the dimentions i'll post them later but it looked pretty big. encloser i guess u mean a sub box? not really sure what else to could be. i'm gunna have my boxes made for me to make it sounds the best. i'm gunna amp my speakers and my subs on to different amps. i jsut dont' know what would be the best for my money
Old 01-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Danpjack

quick question: i was jsut on RF's WEbsite and do i want Punch or Power
Whats the Difference