Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

A little problem - Circuit Breaker?

Old 12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little problem - Circuit Breaker?

I'm installing a system in my 01 GS-R. I ran 1/0 wire from the battery to the back of the car, but I'm having a hard time finding physical space for a fuse holder under the hood near the battery before it goes through the firewall. Normally I'm not a fan of circuit breakers for car audio installations, but I'm running out of ideas.

Here is my thought...

I put a 200 amp circuit breaker under the hood near the battery and at the end of the wire, in the trunk, where I have more space, I'll add a fuse holder with a 200 amp ANL fuse. This way my equipment will be protected by a fuse and if something should short in the wire from the front to the back, the circuit breaker should pop.

Any other thoughts? :dunno:
Old 12-18-2005, 05:01 PM
jragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well actually DC voltage actually runs the opposite of what your stating. It is pulled up from the chassis to the amp and back to the battery through your 1/0 cable. If there is a problem with any of the wiring from the front to the back it will blow your fuse. Whatever you do definitly put an in-line fuse within 12 to18 inchs of the batt for your safety and the safety of your car. You don't want a bonFire especially with 1/0 cable.