Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine CDA-9855 Installation

Old 12-14-2005, 11:45 AM
spaz316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine CDA-9855 Installation

I recently just bought an Alpine cda-9855 and am planning on installing it in my 95 teg on my own. I read that I might have to use a dremel to make clips on the cage and I will need a harness. Are those both true?
Also do I need a kit to install this HU?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:19 PM
jragon

I recently just bought an Alpine cda-9855 and am planning on installing it in my 95 teg on my own. I read that I might have to use a dremel to make clips on the cage and I will need a harness. Are those both true?
Are you speaking of the cage that came with the alpine or something dealing with the mounting bracket within your teg?
Also do I need a kit to install this HU?
Yes, You need this kit Metra 99-7892 or another one of the 5 they have to choose from. can get them at best buy, circuit city, or ebay. Would also elect getting a wiring harness, they are worth every penny.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Nirvanaspartan

buy the kit that best buy sells the American International kit is a lot better because of the structure of the plastic is hard and holds your head unit better and isnt flimsy, i perfer that brand over metra, metra tends to be more breakable and flexible.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:00 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

you'll also need a 12-10 gauge power wire from the battery... a cheap amp install kit will work fine. Also, ground the ground wire to a frame ground on the car, not the harness.

Although, if you dont plan on using the internal amplifier... the vehicles power and ground connections are fine.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:33 PM
VPUPPY

Originally Posted by Nirvanaspartan
buy the kit that best buy sells the American International kit is a lot better because of the structure of the plastic is hard and holds your head unit better and isnt flimsy, i perfer that brand over metra, metra tends to be more breakable and flexible.
Werd. The part number for the AMI kit is HOK-808 I believe. It is a better kit.