Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

my trunk rattles like %$&(*%&

Old 09-12-2002, 02:41 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my trunk rattles like %$&(*%&

will sound deafening fix the problem? it sounds really horrible outside the car and i can't stand it. i've tried to tighten up all the screws, but the problem still exist. what to do?
Old 09-12-2002, 03:48 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, dynamat the trunk (dosent nessecarily have to be dynamat, they're all the same)

doing the rear deck helps a ton in the car too.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:25 PM
long

ive got like 4 layers of dynamat in my trunk. about two on my trunk lid.

no ratteling whatsoever. cant even hear it outside the car.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:18 PM
steveng

i don't like how dynamat looks on the trunk lid. did you guys use dynamat trunk kit or just a big roll of it and u cut it urself?
Old 09-12-2002, 05:22 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

do the dynamat, then carpet over it...
Old 09-12-2002, 05:37 PM
long

oh i forgot you dont have a piece that covers the lid. yeah i used the extreme bulk pack. its big pieces. just make something to cover it. shouldnt be to hard. extreme dynamat is like chrome finish. then they have other dynamat that is just black.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:41 PM
steveng

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
do the dynamat, then carpet over it...

u mean the carpet that used to cover sub box?
Old 09-12-2002, 09:15 PM
97teg

I put dynamat on the door its really easy to cut. Made a noticable difference.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:31 PM
arch iceman

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
yeah, dynamat the trunk (dosent nessecarily have to be dynamat, they're all the same)

Not necessarily. If you use Dynamat, go with Super or Extreme for any upside down surfaces or vertical surfaces. Original for flat or horizontal surfaces.

The difference between Dynamat and other brands is the adhesive properties. Even Dynamat products have different adhesives which is why I reccomend Extreme all around.

As a former Dynamat regional rep I have displays of the stuff compared to its competitors, its not all the same stuff. In this case you get what you pay for. We also hold seminars showing our dealers and installers the differences between competitor products. Cascade is the only other stuff out there I would personally reccomend, but it costs considerably more. Rammat is an alternative that Ive heard alot about but never worked with.

I'll try to get a pic of a trunklid uploaded this weekend for you. I drive a Dynamat demo vehicle, and built several of them for the company.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:40 AM
Diabolik
Has an M3 now...

I have one layer of Brown Bread in my trunk, doors, rear panels, and hatch lid. Not a lot of sound outside the car whatsoever. Definitely no rattles.

Brownbread is cheaper than Dynamat and does the same job, so I would recommend it. I don't see how the adhesive properties are different, I've used both, they are basically tar and rubber and will both stick to anything. I run my car in winter and summer and never had a problem. And I have it upside down and on the sides.

If you need to use different kinds of Dynamat for upside down and vertical surfaces, that just means that they don't put any quality into their Original product and overcharge for their Extreme. Brown Bread works on ANY surface at ANY angle.

And I am not a Brown Bread rep

-Diabolik

Quick Reply: my trunk rattles like %$&(*%&