Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Is it a first?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:55 AM
b money
2005/accord,navi,leath/v6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it a first?

Well me and my friend just installed a system in my brand new 05 Honda accord v6 with navi. Now the important part of this install was not throwing off the navi, s gyro with the install of the new kicker comp 12inch sub. Now I know their has been accords with one ten installed but it was an infinity 10 with the built in box and amp so it can’t be considered a real system. Well I would post pics bc it is the cleanest install I have ever seen but I don’t have my camera with me right now. for all the 7th gen owners with navi if you want to know the secret of not messing up your gyro o first you have to get a box with 1/2 inch to 1 inch thickness I used 1 inch and the install the amp on the box behind the magnet. Then your gyro won’t get throw off well thanks for all the people who tried to help me when first tried to do it and to all the people who said it couldn’t be done you know what to do and also to best buy i did it your installers don’t know shit.

ps: best buy wouldnt install bc they said ther was no way around messing up the navi they spent 9 hours working on my car
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
JL95AccorD

nice. But a big enough magnet might still have enough pull on it to mess up the gyro, not to mention how big the box would have to be, and how exremely heavy it would be (specially if doing 2 12s)

There's gotta be a better way to get around the gyro problem.

it's cool that you were able to get yours hooked up finally though. get some pics when you can.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:20 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The reason Best Buy wont do it is because they wont put themselves in the position to be held responsible for messing up any OEM components. Our installers hands are tied in many aspects, not that they cant do it, but the liability is too high. I wouldn't go making assumptions, yes their are a few new guys, but the vets know more about this than most people ever will.

Id love to put your install knowledge up against my supervisor's. He's been installing for 15 years and has installed on every car you can think of buddy. That'll be the day.