Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

All the people with Remote Start...

Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Motohip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All the people with Remote Start...

I have a 99 CL. With the bypass module installed on a DEI alarm, will that mean you can start the car with a non-chipped key? Because I was told you'd still need a chipped key, but a non-chipped key works. Now I feel like my car is easier to steel with an alarm.

They used a 556U if that makes any difference.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:00 PM
orbit77

they will not be able to start your car without a chipped key, but that means that if the installer didn't hide the extra key that well an thief can use it to start the car. still the alarm will still have the starter kill activated. i know there's an honda/acura dei bypass that doesn't need your extra key.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:13 PM
VPUPPY

it depends on how it was installed. the proper way to install is to only let the 556u get activated by the remote start system. some installers choose to let it get activated whenever there is power given to the ignition wire, which would leave your car vounerable. the DEI 555H or 556H can also be used.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:42 PM
orbit77

you can even use the 556HW, you wouldn't need to use your extra key. you can program it to your key code and it should be hooked up to status output.