Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Audio Help

Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
ed231

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Help

Hey guys, I have a 2003 CL-S 6spd w/nav. I got my car lowered today and after I picked it up I noticed that my car has no audio. My radio and nav turn on and function fine except there is no sound. I also noticed that my sub is not turning on either. The headunit is the factory bose one, any suggestions as to what it could be?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
skip259

take it back to where you had the work done and tell them they did something and you want them to fix it. i dunno, but doesnt sound good. fuse to the amp blown?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:41 PM
ed231

The thing that I cannot figure out is that it maybe the Bose amp? Because since the headunit turns on and works that is functioning it should be sending a signal out? The harness on factory headunits normally has everything on it so I doubt a connection back there is loose. I checked every possible fuse for it, so its gotta be either the headunit or the bose amp. I am just not sure how bose systems get wired. I was hoping to get it fixed tonight since it bothers the hell out of me and don't have much free time tomorrow to get it fixed.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:18 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I hate bose systems. I believe the speakers run at like 1.5 ohms. If it is the amp that somehow is blown, you're pretty much screwed. It's either new bose or a full rewire.