Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring help

Old 10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
foefinga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical help......

i just got my new deck and tried to install it but it didnt work. my cousin has an integra too and i wired it the same way no power. then i plugged my radio into his car and it worked. so im guessing the wiring in my car is messed? are there alternatives?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:55 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Did the factory radio work before you took it out?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 PM
foefinga

there was no stock radio but there was a kenwood deck with no face so i dont if it was or wasnt working. also when i took it off to try my new radio i notice the clock on the dash stop working
Old 10-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Check your fuses, in the engine bay fuse box there should be a fuse for "Radio", I've heard that for some brands of aftermarket cd players, that the stock fuse isnt quite strong enough for it, so if that fuse keeps blowing, you may need to put in a slightly higher fuse. If the fuse is fine, I'd say to check the radio wires for power (I believe a voltimeter can do this)
Old 10-21-2005, 07:53 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Yeah, since the clock stopped working at the same time, maybe it was the fuse.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:26 AM
foefinga

thanks, il try the fuse in the engine but it looked good when i looked at. "I'd say to check the radio wires for power (I believe a voltimeter can do this)" I was gonna buy a voltimeter but didnt really know which one to get and dont know how to use it. haha LOL..... If the radio wire isnt getting any power, is there an another way i can wire my cd player? direct to the battery?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

You could rewire it to where the current wire is going... or another power source. And the fuse box for radio should be in the car, under the driver side panel...
Old 10-29-2005, 01:27 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

You can wire it directly to another source. The cig lighter fuse, winshield wiper fuse.....there's lots of options. Just make sure the constant power wire goes to somthing with constant power, and the switched to something that turns on when the key is turned to ACC.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:50 AM
foefinga

"You can wire it directly to another source. The cig lighter fuse, winshield wiper fuse.....there's lots of options. Just make sure the constant power wire goes to somthing with constant power, and the switched to something that turns on when the key is turned to ACC." ok i should wire it directly to the fuse box? im lost and confused im thinking about just taking it to a shop and have them rewire my electrical system. would even it be worth it for me to do that?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:52 AM
skip259

have you even checked to see if the fuse is bad?