Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Subs to buy

Old 10-11-2005, 07:28 PM
sslkickers
My Car Is Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs to buy

One of my subs recently broke. Since the option of fixing it seems hopeless, I now have a box built for 2 12" subs. My budget for new ones looks to be around $300 total, give or take a little, and I already have an 1800 Soundstorm amp waiting, already wired and everything. I was looking at the Elemental Designs 13Ov.2 and was thinking that would be the size I would want. Would I want to try and either add another amp or buy a newer, bigger amp for those, or would my current amp be fine? My current amp puts out about 450W RMS or so and these are rated at 600W RMS
Old 10-11-2005, 08:13 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that eD's Ov and Kv subs will be on backorder for a long while. For $300, you can look at a pair of Image Dynamic IDQs or IDv3s. They will sound great with 300watts per.

But since you already build the enclosure, you will also be limited by what their volume size.