Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Blue Green Powder on Battery Connector

Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 AM
rwong410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Green Powder on Battery Connector

I was replacing some of my headlight bulbs when I saw some stuff on one of the connectors of my battery. It is some type of blue green powder around one of the connectors? Does anyone know what it is and should I be worried?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Daiser-Htech

Battery Corrosion Crystals. Purchase some cheap Battery Cleaner, And Some Cheap Battery Sealer. Follow instructions for cleaner, then inspect (TUG lightly for the time pressed) on the cable leads and make sure they are not corroded through and broken(Rarely happens) then apply a small amount of sealer. and you should be absolutely fine. that is a very common occurance with hondas. Nothing to be Worried about Unless the Cables Are Rotted thru.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daiser-Htech
Battery Corrosion Crystals. Purchase some cheap Battery Cleaner, And Some Cheap Battery Sealer. Follow instructions for cleaner, then inspect (TUG lightly for the time pressed) on the cable leads and make sure they are not corroded through and broken(Rarely happens) then apply a small amount of sealer. and you should be absolutely fine. that is a very common occurance with hondas. Nothing to be Worried about Unless the Cables Are Rotted thru.
I like to use a baking soda/water mixture and an old toothbrush, just as effective and most importantly free Welcome to the boards, BTW. It's great having techs around.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:33 AM
JL95AccorD

Or the next time you are drinking coca cola on your lunch break, pour some on the connectors, it cleans that also.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:48 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audio and Security forum
Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
jobrien

A little brushing.. a little protective spray. You'll be good again.

Or...

A little brushing and then a little vasceline on the post will do the trick too.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 PM
headknocker

You can also apply a light coat of petroleum jelly to the terminals(after they've been cleaned) and it does the same thing as the sealer stuff. I've used both with great results.

Don't fret. It's very common.