Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need radio advice

Old 09-20-2005, 07:40 AM
jad 93 accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need radio advice

Just purchased a 93 accord with no radio. Please answer a couple of questions for me. What year model honda radios will fit this car exactly like original. I know 89-93 should but what about 94-98? Second, I'm thinking of buying an original radio off ebay, but wonder about issues with the security code. If I purchase a used radio will I be able to get the security code for it and will the radio even work if it's not in the original vehicle it came from? Many thanks for the help.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

If you're going to buy a radio, why not just take the opportunity to get something aftermarket? The extra power from a nicer deck will improve your sound.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Ludemandan
If you're going to buy a radio, why not just take the opportunity to get something aftermarket? The extra power from a nicer deck will improve your sound.

I agree.

But to answer your question. Honda radios will fit. Although they might not be the same harness, so some splicing might be needed. And if you have the code for the radio, youll have no problem playing it in any car.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:48 AM
jad 93 accord

Thanks for the help. The issue on getting a nicer deck is price. I'm not looking for anything fancy right now just something that will play tunes on the radio. OEMs on E-bay go pretty cheap. So what about the security code? I've read a couple of post that say their dealership will give them the code for free and others that say theirs won't. Any place to get those on the web?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:13 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by jad 93 accord
Thanks for the help. The issue on getting a nicer deck is price. I'm not looking for anything fancy right now just something that will play tunes on the radio. OEMs on E-bay go pretty cheap. So what about the security code? I've read a couple of post that say their dealership will give them the code for free and others that say theirs won't. Any place to get those on the web?

The person selling it should have it. If not, call around to some dealerships, some will do it free...others will ask for money. I believe you need to give them the serial number to the deck.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

Browse through this thread and you might find what you're looking for.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1084720
Old 09-20-2005, 06:55 PM
VPUPPY

any honda radio up to 98 will plug in. 98 was the switch over to the new style harness.